Friday, December 13, 2013

Time to Accept That Winter Might be Here

The recent arctic weather served to snap me from my denial that winter may actually be approaching when it comes to the interface between the bike and the road.  The only logical course is to improve the odds of an effective interface by adding some more metal where it counts.

 

 Clearance on the rear is a little tight since these are 35 Schwalbe Winter Marathons. Frame is specified to take a 34 in the rear, but if you are going to this route it is wise to get the longer chain stay option to provide a bit more tire clearance down low.


I think this will be my third season on these tires and they are in great shape.  Hope I get another pair of these moccasins for Christmas this year...


Crappy photos but this one best displays the actual clearance


This setup will be fine unless I break a spoke in the rear - I have seen chain stays where tire rub has started to saw the frame.  If it rubs - time to call the sag wagon.

See you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment